It’s week 50 of this year! Can you believe it? We have only 2 more weeks to go before this year is over and done with and those two weeks will also fly by as we get busy with the holiday shopping, Christmas and New Year celebrations!
Well, I guess it is almost time to reflect on the year gone by and come up with some goals for the new year! Do you already know what your goals are for 2017?
While you ponder, let us also check out the Top 5 limericks from last week’s challenge. If you have not already done so, click here to read the submissions from Week 49.
The limerick superstar of this week………….*drumrolls please* Aks Thariani of The Poetic Syndrome with the limerick below.
With the arrival of the much anticipated letter, leaving it unopened, he rushed to buy the finest attire
Well past the marriage age, he had often endured much satire
Dressed in the best suit and tie
he caught the next plane to Mumbai
Never before had a man walked in with such enthusiasm to a funeral pyre.
Congratulations, Aks – the Limerick Superstar of the week!
Now that the Top 5 limericks have been announced, let us move on to the Week 50 Challenge.
The prompt for week 50 is Goals. Write a limerick about your goals, it may be a short term goal or a long term goal, write it in any way you like so long as it talks about your goals!
I am excited about this week’s challenge to read about everyone’s goals!
For those who are new to the challenge, here are the rules:
- Each week, a prompt theme will be provided and participants are to use this prompt as a base for their limericks.
- This challenge will run from Sunday to Saturday, and you may link up your Limerick anytime during these specific days.
- All Limericks for Week 50 Challenge are due in latest by 5PM EST on Saturday, December 17, 2016.
- After the deadline, the link-up button will not accept any more submissions.
- Please tag your Limerick with Limerick Poetry Challenge so that others interested can check out your Limerick.
- Please remember to pingback to this post on your Limerick Post and to also link it up using the InLinkz (Blue Froggy) button.
- For Photo Prompts, remember to use the photo in your post and to attribute the source.
- This week we will be donating toys to the Toys for Tots donation drive in the name of the Winners who receives the ‘Limerick Superstar’ badge.
- Receiving this badge means that not only are you a Limerick Superstar, you helped make Christmas exciting for one little child! The winners can choose to display the badge on their blogs!
- If you are interested in participating in this challenge, please follow this blog site to receive instant email notifications of the post with the Word prompts for each week.
Finally, here’s my take on the prompt:
Every day I say
Today is going to be the day
When I am finally ready
To publish my novel already
As the day passes, my goals remain in a state of ‘may’!