Happy Halloween! I hope you all had a fun time celebrating this day/evening! I just got back after a few hours of trick or treat with my son in our community. We are now proud owners of truckloads of candy! Sigh, there goes my diet, out the window! 😀
This Halloween was special for us, my parents joined us this year and we hit a couple of parades and Halloween parties. I have so much to say about it that it warrants a separate post. Speaking of other blog posts, I may not be seen a lot in my blog save for the limerick posts. Why, you ask? NaNoWriMo is starting tomorrow, that’s why! It’s going to be a month of focusing on my novel and my novel alone, so please don’t mind me for being less frequent in visiting your blogs or posting on my blog. I will, however, continue the limerick challenge.
If any of you are participating in NaNoWriMo, please feel free to add me to your buddy list, I can be found by my username RashmiM909.
Now, let’s take a look at the Top 5 limericks from Week 43 challenge. If you have not already done so, you can click here to view all the limerick submissions for the last week.
The limerick superstar of this week………….*drumrolls please* Dr. Meg Sorick from Meg Sorick Writes
Dance and sing, drink and eat
Pour champagne, taste something sweet
Celebrate, because come tomorrow
We cannot beg, steal or borrow
The time that flies beneath our feet
Congratulations, Meg – the Limerick Superstar of the week!
Now that the Top 5 limericks have been announced, let us move on to the Week 44 Challenge.
The prompt for this week is ‘Horror’ Yep, you guessed it right! This week write a limerick on the horror theme. Make it as spooky or scary as you can. The spookiest limerick wins a prize of $10 Amazon Gift Card (If you are not in US, the Gift Card will be customized to your location!)
I am excited about this week’s challenge and look forward to reading your limericks for this prompt!
For those who are new to the challenge, here are the rules:
- Each week, a prompt theme will be provided and participants are to use this prompt as a base for their limericks.
- This challenge will run from Saturday to Friday, and you may link up your Limerick anytime during these specific days.
- All Limericks for Week 44 Challenge are due in latest by 5PM EST on Saturday, November 5, 2016.
- After the deadline, the link-up button will not accept any more submissions.
- Please tag your Limerick with Limerick Poetry Challenge so that others interested can check out your Limerick.
- Please remember to pingback to this post on your Limerick Post and also to link it up using the InLinkz (Blue Froggy) button.
- For Photo Prompts, remember to use the photo in your post and to attribute the source.
- A small donation is made to the local charity in the name of the Winners who receives the ‘Limerick Superstar’ badge.
- Receiving this badge means that not only are you a Limerick Superstar, you helped feed one hungry person with your limerick! The winners can choose to display the badge on their blogs!
- If you are interested in participating in this challenge, please follow this blog site to receive instant email notifications of the post with the Word prompts for each week.
Finally, here is my take on the prompt:
Dressed up she roams the night
In the hopes of finding her knight
Under the moonlight’s glare
In the cool moist air
Comes he, ready to take a bite!