I hope everyone is having a great weekend, mine has been busy so far between driving my son to birthday parties and volunteering at the Fall Festival in his school. I apologize for not being able to post the challenge yesterday as I normally do, but I hardly had laptop time yesterday!
I love the very different takes I got to read from last week’s challenge. Very tastefully done, all of them!
If you have not already done so, you can click here to view all the limerick submissions for the last week.
Now, let’s take a look at the Top 5 limericks from Week 41 challenge.
The limerick superstar of this week………….*drumrolls please* Leara of Learawrites!
Syrupy sweet like the juice of a fruit,
Your words drip, heavy, resolute.
You lean in closer, and I taste the deceit
Thinly disguised by charm and wit. You don’t miss a beat.
There is no substitute for the joy of the pursuit.
Congratulations, Leara – the Limerick Superstar of the week!
Now that the Top 5 limericks have been announced, let us move on to the Week 42 Challenge.
The prompt for this week is ‘Homonyms’. This week pick a homonym of your choice and write a limerick which includes 2 or more meanings of the word you picked. [For those of you in doubt, homonyms are words with multiple meanings.]
I am excited about this week’s challenge and look forward to reading your limericks for this prompt!
For those who are new to the challenge, here are the rules:
- Each week, a prompt theme will be provided and participants are to use this prompt as a base for their limericks.
- This challenge will run from Saturday to Friday, and you may link up your Limerick anytime during these specific days.
- All Limericks for Week 42 Challenge are due in latest by 5PM EST on Friday, October 21, 2016.
- After the deadline, the link-up button will not accept any more submissions.
- Please tag your Limerick with Limerick Poetry Challenge so that others interested can check out your Limerick.
- Please remember to pingback to this post on your Limerick Post and also to link it up using the InLinkz (Blue Froggy) button.
- For Photo Prompts, remember to use the photo in your post and to attribute the source.
- A small donation is made to the local charity in the name of the Winners who receives the ‘Limerick Superstar’ badge.
- Receiving this badge means that not only are you a Limerick Superstar, you helped feed one hungry person with your limerick! The winners can choose to display the badge on their blogs!
- If you are interested in participating in this challenge, please follow this blog site to receive instant email notifications of the post with the Word prompts for each week.
Finally, here is my take on the prompt:
The idea was novel
She couldn’t help but marvel
The wonder of her words
Told a story unheard
In her very first novel!