Yay yay it is October already! In case you are wondering why that makes me happy, it’s because October happens to be my birthday month. I get excited like a little child when my birthday is around the corner! October also means Fall is in full swing and I just love watching the leaves change color. My family and I are planning a drive to the Blue Ridge mountains in VA to see the fall colors!
Talking about fall, I must say that I am in awe after reading the amazing limericks for the ‘Seasons’ prompt. It was so tough for me to pick the top 5 this week, really, I had a very difficult time picking my top 5 with such marvelous submissions!
If you have not already done so, you can click here to view all the limerick submissions for the last week.
Now, let’s take a look at the Top 5 limericks from Week 39 challenge.
The limerick superstar of this week………….*drumrolls please* Kay of Diary of a Married Woman!
Freeze from sapphire heavens creates white earth,
Melting to steady rain, sparking rebirth.
Soon, sun burns a fierce smolder,
Long days turn to nights colder,
As colors fall, fading, crackling last mirth.
Congratulations, Kay – the Limerick Superstar of the week!
Now that the Top 5 limericks have been announced, let us move on to the Week 40 Challenge.
The prompt for this week is ‘Fears’. Identify one thing that you fear, a phobia you hold and write a limerick based on that fear or about the ways that phobia secretly thrills you.
I am excited about this week’s challenge and can’t wait to read your limericks for this prompt!
For those who are new to the challenge, here are the rules:
- Each week, a prompt theme will be provided and participants are to use this prompt as a base for their limericks.
- This challenge will run from Saturday to Friday, and you may link up your Limerick anytime during these specific days.
- All Limericks for Week 40 Challenge are due in latest by 5PM EST on Friday, October 7, 2016.
- After the deadline, the link-up button will not accept any more submissions.
- Please tag your Limerick with Limerick Poetry Challenge so that others interested can check out your Limerick.
- Please remember to pingback to this post on your Limerick Post and also to link it up using the InLinkz (Blue Froggy) button.
- For Photo Prompts, remember to use the photo in your post and to attribute the source.
- A small donation is made to the local charity in the name of the Winners who receives the ‘Limerick Superstar’ badge.
- Receiving this badge means that not only are you a Limerick Superstar, you helped feed one hungry person with your limerick! The winners can choose to display the badge on their blogs!
- If you are interested in participating in this challenge, please follow this blog site to receive instant email notifications of the post with the Word prompts for each week.
Finally, here is my take on the prompt:
Panic stricken, walls closing in
The one thing she fears
Enclosed within closed quarters
Her resolve against phobia weakening