I hope everyone had a fun time creating fairytale limericks. I know I enjoyed reading the submissions for this prompt. The variety and creativity that you all bring to this challenge is simply mind blowing!
If you have not already done so, you can click here to view all the limerick submissions for the last week.
Now, let’s take a look at the Top 5 limericks from Week 36 challenge.
And the limerick superstar of this week………….*drumrolls please* Kay from The Diary of a Married Woman with her Magic Potion.
She wakes every morning atrocious,
All sharp, teeth and nails, quite ferocious.
He mixes java potion,
And with one tipping motion,
A (daily) fairytale metamorphosis.
Congratulations, Kay – the Limerick Superstar of the week!
Now that the Top 5 limericks have been announced, let us move on to the Week 37 Challenge.
The prompt this week is ‘Dark’, this means that your limerick should have a dark theme to it. It can be based on a villainous character, horror stories, a dark mood, anything of your choice so long as it follows the theme.
I hope you all have fun coming up with a dark limerick! I can’t wait to read your limericks for this prompt!
For those who are new to the challenge, here are the rules:
- Each week, a prompt theme will be provided and participants are to use this prompt as a base for their limericks.
- This challenge will run from Saturday to Friday, and you may link up your Limerick anytime during these specific days.
- All Limericks for Week 36 Challenge are due in latest by 5PM EST on Friday, September 16, 2016.
- After the deadline, the link-up button will not accept any more submissions.
- Please tag your Limerick with Limerick Poetry Challenge so that others interested can check out your Limerick.
- Please remember to pingback to this post on your Limerick Post and also to link it up.
- A small donation is made to the local charity in the name of the Winners who receives the ‘Limerick Superstar’ badge.
- Receiving this badge means that not only are you a Limerick Superstar, you helped feed one hungry person with your limerick! The winners can choose to display the badge on their blogs!
- If you are interested in participating in this challenge, please follow this blog site to receive instant email notifications of the post with the Word prompts for each week.
Finally, here is my take on the prompt:
Stepping into the enclave
He hoped to be brave
He could never let her go
She was his only beaux
Smiling, he entered her grave!