First off, I apologize to all my participants and readers for not running this challenge for Weeks 32 and 33. I have been busy for the past couple of weeks assisting my sister help our little fellow get rid of his jet lag from the long journey and get accustomed to being around his lovely family! But, it is so much fun to have a little baby in your life especially when you are the aunt get all the fun time! 😉 Amidst that and launching a new website, I had to take a break from MLM and the limerick challenge.
Speaking of my new website, do take a look at ‘Beyond Coffee and Words’ a website I am developing along with my friend, Wandering Soul Write Piyusha, intending to help budding writers and aspiring authors. And if you think the content and events is something that interests you, don’t forget to follow or subscribe!
Anyway, now that I am back, I will be back to posting the limerick challenge regularly. Let’s get back to business, shall we?
If you have not already done so, click here, to view all the limerick submissions for Week 31. Here are the Top 5 limericks from Week 31 challenge.
And the limerick superstar of this week………….*drumrolls please* Innervoice for the below limerick which is an apt representation of the prompt!
A broad, consoling shoulder to cry on
Strong pillar of support that’s never gone
A company to cherish in life’s tour
Keen listener, critic and guide for sure
A true friend is one that only the luckiest own!
Congratulations to Innervoice – the Limerick Superstar of the week!
Now that the Top 5 limericks have been announced, let us move on to the Week 34 Challenge.
The prompt this week is ‘Future’ this means that your limerick must have a futuristic feel to it. It must be based on a story, event or a situation that may/may not happen in future!
For those who are new to the challenge, here are the rules:
- Each week, a prompt theme will be provided and participants are to use this prompt as a base for their limericks.
- This challenge will run from Friday to Friday, and you may link up your Limerick anytime during these specific days.
- All Limericks for Week 34 Challenge are due in latest by 5PM EST on Friday, August 26, 2016.
- After the deadline, the link-up button will not accept any more submissions.
- Please tag your Limerick with Limerick Poetry Challenge so that others interested can check out your Limerick.
- Please remember to pingback to this post on your Limerick Post and also to link it up.
- A small donation is made to the local charity in the name of the Winners who receives the ‘Limerick Superstar’ badge.
- Receiving this badge means that not only are you a Limerick Superstar, you helped feed one hungry person with your limerick! The winners can choose to display the badge on their blogs!
- If you are interested in participating in this challenge, please follow this blog site to receive instant email notifications of the post with the Word prompts for each week.
Finally, here is my take on the prompt:
When the apocalypse arrives
And we fight to survive
All the technology
Nor applied psychology
Will prepare us for the turn of our lives!