I know I have been MIA last week, I could not even post the limerick challenge on Friday. Trust me, I have very good reason for it! Sometimes, I feel like I need to borrow time from someone else to just breathe! I like to keep myself busy, but this time, I think I pushed too far! Sigh…. lesson learned!
But that did not stop me from reading all the limericks based on the antonyms theme! We have some brilliant limericks for the prompt. If you have not already done so, click here, to view all the limerick submissions for Week 30.
Think it is not so easy to come up with a limerick, try picking a winning limerick from the choices I have!! But pick a winner, we must! So let’s get on and take a look at the Top 5 limericks from last week’s challenge.
And the limerick superstar of this week………….*drumrolls please* Dr. Meg Sorick with this amazing limerick. Only Meg can convert Newton’s law of motion into a fun limerick! 😀
A body in motion or at rest
Tends to remain in this state unless
An outside force
Changes this course
As Newton’s First Law of Motion would express
Congratulations to Dr. Meg Sorick – the Limerick Superstar of the week!
Now that the Top 5 limericks have been announced, let us move on to the Week 31 Challenge.
The prompt this week is ‘Friendship’ this means that your limerick must be either about a friend or based on a friendship you share with anyone be it a person, an animal, a material thing! Write the limerick in any way you did like so long as the theme of your limerick is friendship.
For those who are new to the challenge, here are the rules:
- Each week, a prompt theme will be provided and participants are to use this prompt as a base for their limericks.
- This challenge will run from Friday to Friday, and you may link up your Limerick anytime during these specific days.
- All Limericks for Week 30 Challenge are due in latest by 12PM EST on Sunday, August 7, 2016.
- After the deadline, the link-up button will not accept any more submissions.
- Please tag your Limerick with Limerick Poetry Challenge so that others interested can check out your Limerick.
- Please remember to pingback to this post on your Limerick Post and also to link it up.
- A small donation is made to the local charity in the name of the Winners who receives the ‘Limerick Superstar’ badge.
- Receiving this badge means that not only are you a Limerick Superstar, you helped feed one hungry person with your limerick! The winners can choose to display the badge on their blogs!
- If you are interested in participating in this challenge, please follow this blog site to receive instant email notifications of the post with the Word prompts for each week.
Finally, here is my take on the prompt:
They met on a cold day in October
Each one a loner
It was no surprise
When they realized
Friendship got them closer