It feels good to be back after a break from the limerick challenge. Although a break is a good thing, I will be honest; I did miss not being able to post the challenge for week 27! So here I am back with the Limerick Poetry challenge for Week 28.
We hit an all-time low with the number of submissions for Week 26, but that’s alright I know many of us bloggers are taking a break to enjoy the summer ! So without further ado, here are the Top 5 limericks from Week 26.
If you have not already done so, click here, to view all the limerick submissions for Week 26.
And the limerick superstar of this week………….*drumrolls please* Kay from The Diary of a Married Woman.
The day had begun quite brightly
Sun shone through window just rightly
And then something caught my eye
Bare-as-can-be, streaking by
Full moon from neighbor unsightly
Congratulations to Kay – the Limerick Superstar of the week!
Now that the Top 5 limericks have been announced, let us move on to the Week 28 Challenge.
The prompt for this week’s challenge is ‘Rain’ this means that your limerick should include the word ‘Rain’ in either Line 1, 2 or 5. Write the limerick in any way you did like so long as the prompt word is included in any of the above-mentioned lines. Challenging? Nah…not for you limerick pundits!
For those who are new to the challenge, here are the rules:
- Each week, a prompt theme will be provided and participants are to use this prompt as a base for their limericks.
- This challenge will run from Friday to Friday, and you may link up your Limerick anytime during these specific days.
- All Limericks for Week 28 Challenge are due in latest by 12PM EST on Friday, July 15, 2016.
- After the deadline, the link-up button will not accept any more submissions.
- Please tag your Limerick with Limerick Poetry Challenge so that others interested can check out your Limerick.
- Please remember to pingback to this post on your Limerick Post and also to link it up.
- A small donation is made to the local charity in the name of the Winners who receives the ‘Limerick Superstar’ badge.
- Receiving this badge means that not only are you a Limerick Superstar, you helped feed one hungry person with your limerick! The winners can choose to display the badge on their blogs!
- If you are interested in participating in this challenge, please follow this blog site to receive instant email notifications of the post with the Word prompts for each week.
Finally, here is my take on the prompt:
Driving my way into Maine
Pitter patter – it’s starting to rain
Crack! I hear the noise
Watching my windscreen in poise
Hail! Why are you such a pain?