I shall start this post by apologizing for the delay in posting this week’s challenge. My WordPress account was acting up and not allowing me to comment or post. Anyway, the issue has been fixed and we are back to business.
If you have not already done so, click here, to view and comment on all the limerick submissions for Week 23.
Alright now let’s take a look at the Top 5 limericks from the Week 23 limerick challenge, shall we?
And the limerick superstar of this week………….*drumrolls please* the bride-to-be herself Ms. Sassy of Sass and Sauce. A big congratulation on your upcoming wedding Ms. Sassy! Hope you and your groom have a wonderful time together! Here’s her winning limerick.
I am a stressed-out bride myself, soon-to-be
Planning a wedding is not an easy lark, you see.
There are decisions galore
Always a pending chore
But a kiss from the groom and I’m back to being happyyyy!
Congratulations to Ms. Sassy – the Limerick Superstar of the week!
Now that the Top 5 limericks have been announced, let us move on to the Week 24 Challenge.
The prompt for this week’s challenge is ‘Once upon a time…’ this means that your limerick should start with the line ‘once upon a time…’. Write the limerick in any way you did like so long as it begins with the prompt line.
For those who are new to the challenge, here are the rules:
- Each week, a prompt theme will be provided and participants are to use this prompt as a base for their limericks.
- This challenge will run from Friday to Thursday, and you may link up your Limerick anytime during these specific days.
- All Limericks for Week 24 Challenge are due in latest by 12PM EST on Friday, June 17, 2016. After the deadline, the link-up button will not accept any more submissions.
- Please tag your Limerick with Limerick Poetry Challenge so that others interested can check out your Limerick.
- Please remember to pingback to this post on your Limerick Post and also to link it up.
- A small donation is made to the local charity in the name of the Winners who receives the ‘Limerick Superstar’ badge.
- Receiving this badge means that not only are you a Limerick Superstar, you helped feed one hungry person with your limerick! The winners can choose to display the badge on their blogs!
- If you are interested in participating in this challenge, please follow this blog site to receive instant email notifications of the post with the Word prompts for each week.
Finally, here is my take on the prompt:
Once upon a time, there was a boy
Who brought his mother great joy
With a smile so bright
Like a ray of sunlight
Their life was filled with joy!
P.S: Please remember to link up your limerick submissions. Oftentimes, I see pingbacks that are not linked up. Since I use the InLinkz page to reach out and comment on the limericks, I may miss your submission if it is not linked up.
Happy Writing everyone! I look forward your limericks for Week 24.