Hello to all the limerick kings and queens!
The limericks submitted for week 20 were all brilliant, absolutely brilliant, which is why I was unable to choose just one for the top spot. This week I have chosen three limericks for the Limerick Superstar Badge!
And the winning limericks are………….
KirstWrites with this amazing limerick!
Of Cawdor and Glamis he was Thane
Duncan trusted him, sadly, in vain.
But his triumph was brief
And brought madness and grief
And that’s why we don’t dare speak his name.
Peter with this hilarious limerick!
I recently walked ‘neath a ladder
and thought that it couldn’t get badder
But then with a rush
I felt a huge gush
when a torrent released from my bladder!
And also this superb limerick from Alastair!
Footballers and those who play sports
Have superstitions of the silliest sorts.
Like their lucky pants,
A goal-scoring dance,
Or a rabbit foot stuffed down their shorts!
Congratulations to Kirst, Peter and Al – the Limerick Superstars for this week!
Next spot on my Top 5 list goes to Wandering Soul Piyusha for crumbling under my threatening demand to post that wonderful limerick despite her belief that it wasn’t great. Well Missy, I disagree! That limerick was excellent!
The next spot has been seized by Magarisa for her “Pro-Catcher” limerick which was not only hilarious but also very entertaining!
Now that the Top 5 have been announced, let us get to business for Week 21 Challenge.
The prompt word for this week’s challenge is ‘Envy’. This means that your limerick can be anything based on feeling envious/jealousy. It can be funny, sarcastic, emotional, spooky, satire anything you like so long as it follows the theme.
For those who are new to the challenge, here are the rules:
- Each week, a prompt theme will be provided and participants are to use this prompt as a base for their limericks.
- This challenge will run from Friday to Thursday, and you may link up your Limerick anytime during these specific days.
- All Limericks for Week 21 Challenge are due in latest by 12PM EST on Friday, May 27, 2016. After the deadline, the link-up button will not accept any more submissions.
- Please tag your Limerick with: Limerick Poetry Challenge so that others interested can check out your Limerick.
- Please remember to pingback to this post on your Limerick Post and also to link it up.
- A small donation is made to the local charity in the name of the Winners who receives the ‘Limerick Superstar’ badge.
- Receiving this badge means that not only are you a Limerick Superstar, you helped feed one hungry person with your limerick! The winners can choose to display the badge on their blogs!
- If you are interested in participating in this challenge, please follow this blog site to receive instant email notifications of the post with the Word prompts for each week.
Finally, here is my take on the prompt:
She damned “To hell with you!”
“Why?” I wondered looking blue
Hell hath no fury
Scorned; she told the jury
Well, now I am just screwed!