What is the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word ‘Passion’? Passion is defined as a strong and barely controllable emotion. What are you passionate about? If you know the answer, then write your limerick based on that, because that is what this week’s limerick challenge is about!
But, before we go into the writing about our passion, let us say hello to our limerick superstars from Week 17.
And the Week 17 Limerick Superstar is Magarisa of Becoming Unstuck ……… with this brilliant limerick:
Her destiny as one who never ages,
May at first seem unfairly advantageous,
But with centuries of goodbyes,
As every last loved one dies,
Her story’s awash with tear-stained pages.
Congratulations to Magarisa – the Limerick Superstar for this week!
Hope you all enjoy reading the limericks as much as I did! If you haven’t already done so, please make sure you read all the limericks submitted last week, they are all wonderfully written!
Now that the Top 5 have been announced, it is time for the Week 18 Challenge.
The prompt word for this week’s challenge is ‘Passion’. You can opt to use the word ‘passion’ or some of its closer synonyms like ardor, love, lust, fervor etc.…well, you get the idea!
For those who are new to the challenge, here are the rules:
- Each week, a prompt (A Word) will be provided and participants are to use this prompt as a base for their limericks.
- Participants can opt to either use the word (prompt) itself or a synonym of the word to use in their Limerick. This is a MUST. Either the word or a synonym of the word must be a part of your Limerick!
- This challenge will run from Friday to Thursday, and you may link up your Limerick anytime during these specific days.
- All Limericks for Week 18 Challenge are due in latest by 12PM EST on Friday, May 6, 2016. After the deadline, the link-up button will not accept any more submissions.
- Please tag your Limerick with: Limerick Poetry Challenge so that others interested can check out your Limerick.
- Please remember to pingback to this post on your Limerick Post.
- A small donation is made to the local charity in the name of the Winners who receives the ‘Limerick Superstar’ badge.
- Receiving this badge means that not only are you a Limerick Superstar, you helped feed one hungry person with your limerick! The winners can choose to display the badge on their blogs!
- If you are interested in participating in this challenge, please follow this blog site to receive instant email notifications of the post with the Word prompts for each week.
- The main purpose of this challenge is to have fun and learn. Those who are able to mentor and help others grow in their writing; you are encouraged to do so. All constructive feedback should be communicated in a kind and helpful manner AND received in a welcoming manner.
Finally, here is my take on the prompt:
Your love is a drug flowing through my veins
Addicted, the more I try to refrain
Undisciplined with a defiant passion
You pull me in with compassion
Yet, the darkness in my life continues to reign