And I am back to pavilion! Yay, it feels great to be back. I have been trying to catch up with all the posts from the blogs that I regularly follow ever since I got back, but I am not half way through done, have lots more catching up to do. But what I did manage to accomplish was reading all the limericks from the Week 13 and Week 14 challenge.
Since the Top 5 Limerick Superstars of Week 13 were not announced in the Week 14 challenge, here are the results from the Week 13 as well as Week 14 Limerick Challenge.
So, the Week 13 Limerick Superstar is……… Maria of Doodles and Scribbles with the amazing limerick below:
In the loneliest valleys, hope could hide
Ebbing until you have resigned and cried
Just when you’re about to quit
A beam of light, hope permits
Leading your way out, guiding side by side
And the Week 14 Limerick Superstar is……… Peter of Meritings with the amazing limerick below:
The Pope wants to know, and he’s serious,
just what the thing is that’s mysterious?
He fell in a chasm
is having a spasm
and now he has turned quite delirious
Congratulations to Maria and Peter – the Limerick Superstars for Week 13 and 14!
Hope you all enjoyed reading the limericks as much as I did!
Now that the Top 5 have been announced from both weeks, it is time for the Week 15 Challenge.
The prompt word for this week’s challenge is ‘Dark’. You can opt to use the word ‘Dark’ or some of its closer synonyms like Tragic, Black, Gloomy, etc.…well, you get the idea!
For those who are new to the challenge, here are the rules:
- Each week, a prompt (A Word) will be provided and participants are to use this prompt as a base for their limericks.
- Participants can opt to either use the word (prompt) itself or a synonym of the word to use in their Limerick. This is a MUST. Either the word or a synonym of the word must be a part of your Limerick!
- This challenge will run from Friday to Thursday, and you may link up your Limerick anytime during these specific days.
- All Limericks for Week 15 Challenge are due in latest by 12PM EST on Friday, April 15, 2016. After the deadline, the link-up button will not accept any more submissions.
- Please tag your Limerick with: Limerick Poetry Challengeso that others interested can check out your Limerick.
- Please remember to pingback to this post on your Limerick Post. (This step is important).
- A small donation is made to the local charity in the name of the Winners who receives the ‘Limerick Superstar’ badge.
- Receiving this badge means that not only are you a Limerick Superstar, you helped feed one hungry person with your limerick!
- If you are interested in participating in this challenge, please follow this blog site to receive instant email notifications of the post with the Word prompts for each week.
- The main purpose of this challenge is to have fun and learn. Those who are able to mentor and help others grow in their writing; you are encouraged to do so. All constructive feedback should be communicated in a kind and helpful manner AND received in a welcoming manner.