Winter has finally decided to pass on the reins to spring and many of us are getting excited about the fast approaching spring break. I know I am, if you need any indication of my excitement, just look to the right for the sidebar on this page, I have a countdown going for my spring break! 😀
Along with spring comes week 13 of the Limerick Poetry Challenge. 13 weeks into this year already, wow! Before we get busy composing the limericks for this week’s prompt, let’s say hello to the Top 5 limericks from week 12!
And the Week 12 Limerick Superstar is……… Dr. Meg Sorick with the amazing limerick below:
In sleep, to fond memories retreat
In misty dreams, I follow my feet
To go back in time
To when you were all mine
Regrets and ‘if only’ repeat
Congratulations to Dr. Meg Sorick – the Limerick Superstar for this week!
Hope you all enjoy reading the limericks as much as I did! If you haven’t already done so, please make sure you read all the dreamy limericks submitted last week, they are all wonderfully written!
Now that the Top 5 have been announced, it is time for the Week 13 Challenge.
The prompt word for this week’s challenge is ‘Hope’. You can opt to use the word ‘Hope’ or some of its closer synonyms like Desire, Wish, Aspiration, etc.…well, you get the idea!
For those who are new to the challenge, here are the rules:
- Each week, a prompt (A Word) will be provided and participants are to use this prompt as a base for their limericks.
- Participants can opt to either use the word (prompt) itself or a synonym of the word to use in their Limerick. This is a MUST. Either the word or a synonym of the word must be a part of your Limerick!
- This challenge will run from Friday to Thursday, and you may link up your Limerick anytime during these specific days.
- All Limericks for Week 13 Challenge are due in latest by 12PM EST on Friday, April 1, 2016. After the deadline, the link-up button will not accept any more submissions.
- Please tag your Limerick with: Limerick Poetry Challengeso that others interested can check out your Limerick.
- Please remember to pingback to this post on your Limerick Post. (This step is important).
- A small donation is made to the local charity in the name of the Winners who receives the ‘Limerick Superstar’ badge.
- Receiving this badge means that not only are you a Limerick Superstar, you helped feed one hungry person with your limerick! The winners can choose to display the badge on their blogs!
- If you are interested in participating in this challenge, please follow this blog site to receive instant email notifications of the post with the Word prompts for each week.
- The main purpose of this challenge is to have fun and learn. Those who are able to mentor and help others grow in their writing; you are encouraged to do so. All constructive feedback should be communicated in a kind and helpful manner AND received in a welcoming manner.
Finally, here is my take on the prompt:
Hungry for power, compassion the lack
putting our world under constant attack
with prayers in our hearts
before all hope departs
Lord, we ask you to please come back!