So, how was the first week of limerick challenge with InLinkz? I can say that it was exciting for me! Did it make things easier or harder on you? I would love to get some feedback. I thought it was just awesome to be able to read all the submissions from one place; it really makes things a lot easier for me.
I am also really glad to see that you have all been visiting each other’s limerick posts and commenting on them. That part is half the fun of this challenge. Let’s all give ourselves a round of applause! Yep, go ahead, you deserve it! 😀
Alright, let’s now announce the Top 5 limericks of the Week 11 Challenge: Powerful. It was not an easy one (at least for me) yet there were some really powerful limericks!
And the Week 11 Limerick Superstar is……… The Piscean Me with the amazing limerick below:
As you lay there motionless
It made me feel totally powerless….
Slaying me with your charming ways,
With you life was a stack of lovely colorful days….
But now that you’re gone; my life is in complete darkness!
Congratulations to The Piscean Me – the Limerick Superstar for this week!
Now that the Top 5 have been announced, it is time for the Week 12 Challenge.
The prompt word for this week’s challenge is ‘Dream’. You can opt to use the word ‘Dream’ or some of its closer synonyms like trance, reverie, ambition, aspiration etc.…well, you get the idea!
For those who are new to the challenge, here are the rules:
- Each week, a prompt (A Word) will be provided and participants are to use this prompt as a base for their limericks.
- Participants can opt to either use the word (prompt) itself or a synonym of the word to use in their Limerick. This is a MUST. Either the word or a synonym of the word must be a part of your Limerick!
- This challenge will run from Friday to Thursday, and you may link up your Limerick anytime during these specific days.
- All Limericks for Week 12 Challenge are due in latest by 12PM EST on Friday, March 25, 2016. After the deadline, the link-up button will not accept any more submissions.
- Please tag your Limerick with: Limerick Poetry Challengeso that others interested can check out your Limerick.
- Please remember to pingback to this post on your Limerick Post. (This step is important).
- A small donation is made to the local charity in the name of the Winners who receives the ‘Limerick Superstar’ badge.
- Receiving this badge means that not only are you a Limerick Superstar, you helped feed one hungry person with your limerick! The winners can choose to display the badge on their blogs!
- If you are interested in participating in this challenge, please follow this blog site to receive instant email notifications of the post with the Word prompts for each week.
- The main purpose of this challenge is to have fun and learn. Those who are able to mentor and help others grow in their writing; you are encouraged to do so. All constructive feedback should be communicated in a kind and helpful manner AND received in a welcoming manner.
Finally, here is my take on the prompt:
For all those days when she was feeling blue,
When everything was falling through
She needed that beam
To remind her of her dream
Telling her to wait for the day her dreams come true!