My happiness can be easily summarized in 3 simple letters and that is my ‘SON’, so obviously his birthday means a very special time for me. Add to it the fact that he is a leap year baby, then the ‘special’ aspect quadruples, de facto it quadruples, quite literally, since we get to celebrate his date of birth once in four years!
You are probably wondering where I am going with this, well, that above paragraph is my alibi for being late to post the challenge for this week.
The limerick submissions this week have surpassed the record submissions from Week 6, I am so happy that so many of you are enjoying this challenge along with me!
Since I have delayed enough, I will straight away get to announcing the Top 5 for the Week 8 Limerick Poetry Challenge!
And the Week 8 Limerick Superstar is ……… Ladieswholunchreviews with the limerick below!
Adrift in an ocean of blue
I find myself floating towards you
You’re becoming my drug
Craving your sweet kisses and hug
Azure eyes drowning me anew…
I am sure you have already read all the limericks, if you haven’t then do check them all out! There are absolutely amazing submissions!
Now that the Top 5 have been announced, it is time for the Week 9 Challenge.
The prompt word for this week’s challenge is ‘Birth’ (no surprises there!). You can opt to use the word ‘Birth’ or some of its closer synonyms like Dawn, Birthing, Origin etc.…you get the idea!
For those who are new to the challenge, here are the rules:
- Each week, a prompt (A Word) will be provided and participants are to use this prompt as a base for their limericks.
- Participants can opt to either use the word (prompt) itself or a synonym of the word to use in their Limerick. This is a MUST. Either the word or a synonym of the word must be a part of your Limerick!
- This challenge will run from Friday to Thursday, and you may add your Limerick anytime during these specific days.
- Please tag your Limerick with: Limerick Poetry Challengeso that others interested can check out your Limerick (This step is important).
- Add your story’s URL to this website’s comments. (This step is also important so I will know who has participated).
- If you are interested in participating in this challenge, please follow this blog site to receive instant email notifications of the post with the Word prompts for each week.
- The main purpose of this challenge is to have fun and learn. Those who are able to mentor and help others grow in their writing; you are encouraged to do so. All constructive feedback should be communicated in a kind and helpful manner AND received in a welcoming manner.
- All Limericks for Week 9 Challenge are due in latest by Friday, March 4, 2016.
- Donation to local charity is made in the name of the Winners who will receive the ‘Limerick Superstar’ badge. They can choose to display the badge on their blogs!
- WELCOME TO MIND AND LIFE MATTERS LIMERICK POETRY CHALLENGE!
Finally, here is my take on the prompt:
It’s time to turn the page
Another birthday to celebrate on this stage
Time flies, it’s never late
Can’t believe you are turning eight
Albeit once in four years, you age!