We are almost at the end of the 1st week of 2016; I hope everyone had a good break with the holidays and festive celebrations. Did you make a list of resolutions for this year? Have you started the process of change or are you still waiting for ‘tomorrow’ to come before you begin? I know I am still waiting for that ‘tomorrow!’:D
I am glad that the limerick challenge is spreading further in the blogosphere. The week 1 Limerick Challenge saw many new participants enter over and above the regular members. Yayy! So happy! But that meant it became a lot more difficult for me to pick winners. However, we have to have a winner so I will proceed to announce the Winners of the Week 1 Limerick Challenge *drumrolls please*
And the winner is…….. Nicola of Sometimes Stellar Storyteller! The Limerick Queen is back with a bang and her brilliant limerick is better than ever as you can read from below. Check out her full post here!
Happiness crept in around you,
Snuck through your armour, it had to.
In vain you did fight,
To shake off the blight,
That forced your whole outlook to corkscrew.
I would also like to use this opportunity to say a special ‘Thank you’ to Peter who asked me to donate his Prize money for winning the challenge last week to The Salvation Army’s Christmas Assistance Program. Thank you Peter for being so generous!
Now that the Top 5 have been announced, it is time for the Week 2 Challenge.
This morning I was having a really humorous conversation with some of my friends and we were discussing many different words, but when I heard the word Immortal, it stuck with me and this image started brewing in my head. So there, the Prompt for the week 2 Challenge is “Immortal“. You can opt to use the word “Immortal” or some of its closer synonyms like Eternal, Everlasting, Endless etc. in your limerick…you get the idea!
For those who are new to the challenge, here are the rules:
- Each week, a prompt (A Word) will be provided and participants are to use this prompt as a base for their limericks.
- Participants can opt to either use the word (prompt) itself or a synonym of the word to use in their Limerick. This is a MUST. Either the word or a synonym of the word must be a part of your Limerick!
- This challenge will run from Thursday to Thursday, and you may add your Limerick anytime during these specific days.
- Please tag your Limerick with: Limerick Poetry Challengepost so that others interested can check out your Limerick (This step is important).
- Add your story’s URL to this website’s comments. (This step is also important so I will know who has participated).
- If you are interested in participating in this challenge, please follow this blog site to receive instant email notifications of the post with the Word prompts for each week.
- The main purpose of this challenge is to have fun and learn. Those who are able to mentor and help others grow in their writing; you are encouraged to do so. All constructive feedback should be communicated in a kind and helpful manner AND received in a welcoming manner.
- All Limericks for Week 2 Challenge are due in by Thursday, January 14, 2015.
- WELCOME TO MIND AND LIFE MATTERS LIMERICK POETRY CHALLENGE!
Finally, here is my take on the prompt:
He said it would give one life immortal
But people only sneered with a chortle
Then there was that one
Who thought it’d be fun
And entered the magnificent lure of the portal!