We have successfully completed 10 weeks of the Limerick Poetry Challenge! And now we are on the 11th week of the limerick challenge. I have delayed announcing the winners of the week 10 challenge already, so without any further furor, I will get straight to business.
She ran outside, on hearing the jingle bells,
Come Dear Santa, Come fast, she yells.
Oh! He could not be spotted in the vicinity,
Under her breath, she curses this winter invisibility.
Once again, she beseeches wishing spells.
Now that the Top 5 have been announced, it is time for the Week 11 Challenge.
When I asked my son what he wanted for a New Year gift, he actually said “Surprise Me!” Now that sentence actually surprised me ‘coz after writing the list of things he wants from Santa for Christmas, he always gives me a separate list of things to buy as New Year gift for him and does not really allow me to choose for him. Anyways, since I was pleasantly surprised this morning and this is the season to surprise your loved ones, I decided that the prompt for the week 11 limerick challenge is “Surprise“.
You can opt to use the word “surprise” or some of its closer synonyms like Shock, Astonish, Amaze, etc. in your limerick…you get the idea!
For those who are new to the challenge, here are the rules:
- Each week, a prompt (A Word) will be provided and participants are to use this prompt as a base for their limericks.
- Participants can opt to either use the word (prompt) itself or a synonym of the word to use in their Limerick. This is a MUST. Either the word or a synonym of the word must be a part of your Limerick!
- This challenge will run from Thursday to Thursday, and you may add your Limerick anytime during these specific days.
- Please tag your Limerick with: Limerick Poetry Challengepost so that others interested can check out your Limerick (This step is important).
- Add your story’s URL to this website’s comments. (This step is also important so I will know who has participated).
- If you are interested in participating in this challenge, please follow this blog site to receive instant email notifications of the post with the Word prompts for each week.
- The main purpose of this challenge is to have fun and learn. Those who are able to mentor and help others grow in their writing; you are encouraged to do so. All constructive feedback should be communicated in a kind and helpful manner AND received in a welcoming manner.
- Since this week is Christmas, the deadline has been extended by 3 days. All Limericks for Week 11 Challenge are due in by Saturday, December 26, 2015.
- Next week will be the last prompt word for the year 2015 and it will be announced on a post on Christmas Eve! Do stay tuned!
- WELCOME TO MIND AND LIFE MATTERS LIMERICK POETRY CHALLENGE!
Finally, here is my take on the prompt:
His innocent heart made a wish so swift
All he wanted was a surprise gift!
So she flew to the North Pole
To meet Santa and cajole
To stay a little longer after the night shift!
P.S: Wishing you all wonderful people a very Merry Christmas in advance! 🙂