We are already in December – the last month of the year! Wow, can you believe it? Time literally is flying! I do not know if it was due to the prompt, but this week we had absolutely brilliant entries. I cannot stress enough on how much I enjoy reading these limericks, some of them so poetic – intense and touching! Of course, for this challenge there are no strict rules on the number of syllables, it is a free flowing contest.
The only rule is to have rhyming words on 1, 2, 5 lines and the 3, 4 lines and also to include the prompt word or one of its synonyms in your limerick. I hope you enjoy this challenge as much as I do.
Well, I guess it is now time to announce the winner of the Week 8 Limerick Challenge!
In a million small ways, she inhabits his days
Her eyes, how they smile when he catches their gaze
There’s no doubt he was smitten
From the words he has written…
“How I love thee…let me count the ways!”
The winner may contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org to claim the complimentary gift certificate.
The third place goes to Dr. Meg Sorick who, in her limerick, captured the beauty of love between a father and daughter and of course Nicola’s stellar limerick – I don’t know how she comes up with such incredible limericks every week – hats off to you, madam!
Now that the Top 5 have been announced, it is time for the Week 9 Challenge. Week 9, already?
This is the ‘Season’ to be festive! Well, you guessed it; the prompt for the Week 9 is ‘Season’. You can opt to use the word “season” or some of its synonyms like Period, Time, Term etc in your limerick…you get the idea!
For those who are new to the challenge, here are the rules:
- Each week, a prompt (A Word) will be supplied and participants are to use this prompt as a base for their limericks.
- Participants can opt to either use the word (prompt) itself or a synonym of the word to use in their Limerick. This is a MUST. Either the word or a synonym of the word must be a part of your Limerick!
- This challenge will run from Thursday to Thursday, and you may add your Limerick anytime during these specific days.
- Please tag your Limerick with: Limerick Poetry Challengepost so that others interested can check out your Limerick (This step is important).
- Add your story’s URL to this website’s comments. (This step is also important so I will know who has participated).
- If you are interested in participating in this challenge, please follow this blog site to receive instant email notifications of the post with the Word prompts for each week.
- The main purpose of this challenge is to have fun and learn. Those who are able to mentor and help others grow in their writing; you are encouraged to do so. All constructive feedback should be communicated in a kind and helpful manner AND received in a welcoming manner.
- All Limericks for Week 9 Challenge are due in by Thursday, December 10, 2015.
- The winner for the challenge will be announced in a post next Thursday along with the new prompt. The winner will receive a complimentary Amazon Gift Certificate from Mind and Life Matters! Please contact me on email@example.com to claim the prize!
- WELCOME TO MIND AND LIFE MATTERS LIMERICK POETRY CHALLENGE!
Finally, here is my take on the prompt:
A favorite Rudolf is for reason
For he brings joy without treason
He be but the ninth reindeer
Illuminates the path in winter air,
To bring home, Santa, every season!