How fast has this week gone by? To me it felt like in the blink of an eye! I haven’t had much time in my hands due to a new project at work, thus haven’t been able to post anything all week. In short, I have neglected my blog this past week and I apologize for that! But I could not bring myself to neglect the weekly limerick challenge and to announce the Top 5 limericks from last week’s entries! As always, we had some really amazing entries and picking a winner was no easy feat! Without any further deferment, here are the Top 5 Limericks for the prompt ‘Pride’!
Deep down she knew he had lied,
Breathing deep, she mustered her pride.
Defiant she packed,
Determined, in fact.
But inside, slowly, she died
The winner may contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org to claim the complimentary gift certificate.
The second place is shared by Kirstwrites with her brilliant limerick based on ‘Pride and Prejudice’ and Peter from Pollymermaid with his limerick again including a character from ‘Pride and Prejudice’! Yes, I am partial to Mr. Darcy and Mr. Bingley! 😀
Now that the Top 5 have been announced, it is time for the Week 7 Challenge.
Thanksgiving is just around the corner, next week to be precise. Since this is the time of being thankful and everyone I know will be busy giving thanks to something or someone, I decided it is only apt that I choose the word “Gratitude” as the Prompt for Week 7! You can either use the word “Gratitude” itself or some of its synonyms like thanks, thankfulness, grateful, etc…you get the idea!
For those who are new to the challenge, here are the rules:
- Each week, a prompt (A Word) will be supplied and participants are to use this prompt as a base for their limericks.
- Participants can opt to either use the word (prompt) itself or a synonym of the word to use in their Limerick. This is a MUST. Either the word or a synonym of the word must be a part of your Limerick!
- This challenge will run from Thursday to Thursday, and you may add your Limerick anytime during these specific days.
- Please tag your Limerick with: Limerick Poetry Challengepost so that others interested can check out your Limerick (This step is important).
- Add your story’s URL to this website’s comments. (This step is also important so I will know who has participated).
- If you are interested in participating in this challenge, please follow this blog site to receive instant email notifications of the post with the Word prompts for each week.
- The main purpose of this challenge is to have fun and learn. Those who are able to mentor and help others grow in their writing; you are encouraged to do so. All constructive feedback should be communicated in a kind and helpful manner AND received in a welcoming manner.
- All Limericks for Week 7 Challenge are due in by Friday, November 27, 2015 (only for this week as Thursday is Thanksgiving).
- The winner for the challenge will be announced in a post next Friday. The winner will receive a complimentary Amazon Gift Certificate from Mind and Life Matters! Please contact me on email@example.com to claim the prize!
- WELCOME TO MIND AND LIFE MATTERS LIMERICK POETRY CHALLENGE!
Finally, here is my take on the prompt:
You ought to be grateful
This was beyond delightful
To feast with family
Meant the world to Stanley
For a family, he was indeed thankful!