It is Thursday evening in the USA and that means that Thursday is over in the rest of the world and it also means that it is time to announce the winner of the First Limerick Poetry Challenge. I am overwhelmed by the response and thank each and every one of the participants.
They were some amazing submissions making it very difficult to select a winner. I ended up with the Top 5 limericks I liked best, but a challenge must always have a winner. So I selected one Winner and chose to split the others into the second and third places! 😀
And the winner is…….. KirstWrites with the below limerick. Check out her full post here!
John Keats was a poetic fellow,
Saw fall as a time to be mellow.
Although he called it autumn,
When leaves fell he still caught ‘em
Whether they were brown, orange or yellow.
(The winner may contact me on email@example.com to claim the complimentary gift certificate)
Now that the winners have been announced, it is time for the Week 2 Challenge. The Prompt for this week is “BLISS”
The rules of this challenge:
- Each week, a prompt (A Word) will be supplied and participants are to use this prompt as a base for their limericks.
- Participants can opt to either use the word (prompt) itself or a synonym of the word to use in their limerick. This is a MUST. Either the word or a synonym of the word must be a part of your limerick!
- This challenge will run from Thursday to Thursday, and you may add your limerick anytime during these specific days.
- Please tag your Limerick with: Limerick Poetry Challenge post so that others interested can check out your limerick (This step is important).
- Add your story’s URL to this website’s comments. (This step is also important so I will know who has participated).
- If you are interested in participating in this challenge, please follow this blog site to receive instant email notifications of the post with the Word prompts for each week.
- The main purpose of this challenge is to have fun and learn. Those who are able to mentor and help others grow in their writing; you are encouraged to do so. All constructive feedback should be communicated in a kind and helpful manner AND received in a welcoming manner.
- All Limericks for Week 2 Challenge are due in by Thursday, October 22, 2015.
- The winner for the challenge will be announced in a post next Thursday. The winner will receive a complimentary Amazon Gift Certificate from Mind and Life Matters! Please contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org to claim the prize!
- WELCOME TO MIND AND LIFE MATTERS LIMERICK POETRY CHALLENGE!
Finally, here is my take on the prompt:
A young man wanted to find bliss
From a perfect petite miss
Then he spotted her
Upon whom the eyes of the world were
But all he got was a small little kiss!