(Click HERE, to find the Prompt for the current week)
When I decided to start a blogging event, I was spoilt for choice with many different kinds of challenges available. I wanted to do something different so I asked my fellow bloggers from the Blogging 101 Alumni for some suggestions.
One of the suggestions was Haiku based on a theme/prompt and the other suggestion was Limerick Poetry. I liked both suggestions and did not know which one to choose. So I did what I do every time I find myself unable to choose between 2 options. I flip a coin!
And that is exactly what I did, I flipped the coin. When the coin was on air, I found myself wishing for the Limerick Poetry to win!
Thus it was decided that the weekly challenge from Mind and Life Matters is Limerick Poetry Challenge. Now that we have established that, let’s lay down some rules for the challenge. Every challenge has rules, otherwise what is the fun of having a challenge, don’t you agree?
The rules of this challenge:
- Each week, a prompt (A Word) will be supplied and participants are to use this prompt as a base for their limericks.
- Participants can opt to either use the word (prompt) itself or a synonym of the word to use in their limerick. This is a MUST. Either the word or a synonym of the word must be a part of your limerick!
- This challenge will run from Thursday to Thursday, and you may add your limerick anytime during these specific days.
- Please tag your Limerick with: Limerick Poetry Challenge post so that I get the pingback and check out your limerick (This step is important).
- Add your story’s url to this website’s comments. (In time I will provide an InLinkz link-up). (This step is also important so I will know who has participated).
- If you are interested in participating in this challenge, please follow this blogsite to receive instant email notifications of the post with the Word prompts for each week.
- The main purpose of this challenge is to have fun and learn. Those who are able to mentor and help others grow in their writing; you are encouraged to do so. All constructive feedback should be communicated in a kind and helpful manner AND received in a welcoming manner.
- The first Word Prompt will be provided at the end of this post. All Limericks are due in by Thursday, October 15, 2015.
- The winner for the challenge will be announced in a post on Friday. The winner will receive a complimentary Amazon Gift Certificate from Mind and Life Matters!
- WELCOME TO MIND AND LIFE MATTERS LIMERICK POETRY CHALLENGE!
The Word Prompt for the very first Limerick Poetry Challenge is ‘FALL’. Here is my take on the prompt:
Fall is finally here
It is the best time of the Year
As Elsa and Iron Man, We go
Trick or treating with my beau
Seizing treats from near and dear!
I hope you spread the word and will take part in the challenge every week!