“Silent gratitude isn’t much use to anyone.” – G.B. Stern
I couldn’t agree more with the quote, silent gratitude is almost equivalent to no gratitude. Gratitude is defined as the quality of being thankful; a readiness to show appreciation for and to return kindness.
Readiness to show appreciation, I think, is a quality people should learn from the bloggers in this community. We are ever so ready to appreciate and show kindness to each other. How do we do it? With blogging awards, of course! This blogosphere is blessed with generous bloggers who shower each other with award nominations.
Such generosity deserves gratitude in the form of acknowledgment and acceptance from the nominees. But at times, it gets overwhelming to distinctly respond to each and every one of them. Then the way forward would be do it in one post. The main idea of this blog post is to show my gratitude and appreciation to each and every one of my fellow bloggers who have very generously nominated me. Most of these awards have their own set of rules, some of them have questions to be answered, some of them ask for random facts. Since I preferred to do it as one single post of all the awards, I will list a few random facts about me before thanking my nominators and announcing my nominees!
Here are 10 random facts about me!
- I was born in October and am a true blue Libran!
- I can have long conversations with random people I meet and sometimes not have anything to talk to my friends!
- Once I won an amount of 3K in a radio contest! Of course I spent all of it! 😀
- I have finished a trilogy reading it nonstop for an entire weekend! My mom almost threw me out of the house for not doing anything other than reading! 😛
- I cry whenever I watch an emotional movie. Yes, I am one of those people who sit in the movie theatre and cry their eyes out!
- It would take a lot of effort (A LOT) to be on my bad books, I have extreme patience like that, but once someone manages to get on my bad side, it would take a lot (A LOT) to get out OUT of there! 😉
- My world revolves around my son, my parents and my sister and brother-in law. NOTHING in this world is more important for me than them!
- I have a very strong affinity for sports cars and can talk about cars and their mechanics for hours, I am usually the go-to person for my friends when it comes to details about cars! 😀
- I love driving, whenever I want to think something over or take any important decision, I go on a long drive!
- Much like our relationship, my son and I also have names that are allied in their meaning. My son is named Aditya which in Sanskrit language means ‘The Sun’ and my name Rashmi means ‘The Sunrays’, we are bound to each other! ❤
OK, now that I have got that part out of the way, let me proceed with thanking part of the awards!
Liebster Award – I have 4 lovely bloggers to thank for nominating me for the Liebster again.
- Rakesh of The Desi Vagabond nominated me about a month or so back. He has an amazing travel blog. He also posts yummy Indian recipes. Do check him out!
- Prince Wilson of Super Inspired Moments has a super inspiring blog. His posts are all motivating and inspires one to go above and beyond. Need some motivation, here is a blog you shouldn’t miss!
- Annie of What the Woman Wrote is an incredible writer. She writes both fiction and non-fiction. Her blog will keep you entertained with a variety of posts.
- Lexa from Keepin Up Appearances’ blog goes beyond “maintaining a good front” but also celebrates the ups and downs of her life in order to inspire people. Do check her out, her blog will not disappoint you!
Infinity Dream Award – I have 2 wonderful bloggers to thank for nominating me for this award.
- Charlie from Charlotte Around the World was kind enough to nominate me for this beautiful award that has a very interesting name. I would love to be lost in infinite dreams! Charlie has an absolutely stunning travel blog which takes you through her journey across Europe, Canada and Peru! If you are a wanderlust or like reading about travel escapades, her blog is a must visit!
- My very own Arcane Owl from the Wayward Scribblez also nominated me for this award. She probably knows my love for infinite dreams! She is a wonderful person who has a huge collection of books and e-books. No wonder that she has such an astounding blog too! 😉
Versatile Blogger Award – I have 3 magnificent bloggers to thank for nominating me for this award.
- Thistles and Whistles – I love this girl not just because she is from Dubai (which is where I grew up!) but also for her passion for books, writing, films, life and the environment! She has a remarkable blog that is well worth your reading time! Check her out, folks!
- Anand from Blabberwockying – Now now he needs no introduction because he is so popular amongst all of us! A lover of Krishna and a truly down-to earth humble person, he is one of the most helpful and friendliest people I ever met on the blogosphere. I am sure you are all already following him, if not, it’s high time you do!
- Debbie and her hubby (that rhymes!) from Follow the Tumble Lees are full time RVers who go where the wind blows them. Their blog has amazing details about their travel escapades!
Creative Blogger Award – I have an outstanding blogger to thank for nominating me for this award.
- Anand from Blabberwockying – Anand is one of the most supportive and encouraging bloggers out there which is why he nominates for these awards. His friendly nature and encouraging words can truly lift one’s spirits!
Blogger Recognition Award – Again I have 1 amazing blogger to thank for this award.
- Prince Wilson of Super Inspired Moments was generous enough to nominate for this award too! His posts are all motivating and inspires one to go above and beyond. Need some motivation, his is a blog you shouldn’t miss!
Premios Dardos Award – Finally, I have this brilliant blogger to thank for the Premios Dardos award.
- Rugwed Soman of Rugwedlive is a 20 something Engineering student from India who loves photography. He reads a lot, is a smartphone pundit and geek in his own words! He has a very entertaining blog, do check him out!
Now for my favorite part of announcing the nominees. Please keep the award ball rolling should you choose to accept. You can either follow the rules for each of the award posts or create your own rules just like I did! 😉
My nomination is for all the awards mentioned above! And the nominees are…..*drumrolls please*
I hope you guys check out all the lovely bloggers I have mentioned here and have an awesome time reading their wonderful posts!
Until next time, this is Mind and Life Matters signing off! (I like this line, maybe I will make this my signature for all future posts, what say?)