Happiness, Cheerfulness, Gaiety, Merriment, joyous are some of the synonyms for the word Sunshine. The funny fact is that my name ‘Rashmi’ in Sanskrit language means ‘Ray of Sunshine’! So it is really heartening to know that there are people out there who read your blog and think… “Hmm…this person brings some sunshine into my life…let’s nominate them for ‘The Sunshine Blogger’ award!” One such person in the blogosphere is Anand of Blabberwockying! He not only reads the posts but also provides interesting and supportive feedback. Well, in that light (pun intended), it was heartening to know that he has nominated me for The Sunshine Blogger Award! Thank you Anand, for being so supportive J Please do visit his wonderful blog!
Here are the rules for this award:
- Thank the person/people who nominated you. [ Link Back]
- Answer the questions from your nominators.
- Nominate eleven other bloggers and give them eleven questions.
My answers to Anand’s questions:
- If you can transport yourself into one of your favorite books, where (what book world) would you go and why? – I would transport myself to the book Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert and join her on her journey in the book!
- If you can meet one person (real, imaginary, alive, or dead) who would it be and why? What will you do with them? – I would like to meet the force that created this universe and ask the many questions I have to which our world does not have answers!
- Do you feel you are at peace with yourself? – It took me a very very long time, but I can finally say that now I am at Peace with myself!
- What according to you is the cause of stress in lives of others or in yours? – Cause of stress can vary from person to person, but I guess the most of the time, the cause is unrealistic expectations that we place on ourselves!
- What makes you feel very good? – Watching my son laugh, his laughter is infectious!
- What is your best memory? – The 3rd day after I delivered, I felt the emotions of love and motherhood surge inside of me when I held my little boy!
- Who are your sources of inspiration? – My son, my extremely supportive parents, sister and brother-in law! And of course, the blogosphere 🙂
- What is the role of gratitude in your life? – Gratitude plays a very important role in my life, I learned to be able to let go of my past and move on in life by being grateful for what I have. As of this moment, I am grateful for everything in my life and for being able to live everyday as it comes!
- What are your top five favorite books of this year? – I am assuming you are asking for the top 5 that I read this year and not the ones published this year. They are: For the love of a Son by Jean Sasson, A Promise to Nadia by Andrew Crofts, And the Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini, All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr and I am Malala by Malala Yousafzai with Christina Lamb.
- If you can meet one famous person who is alive who will that be? – Malala Yousafzai for having the courage to stand up for women’s rights to education even in the face of terrorism.
- Has blogging enriched your life? How? – Blogging has definitely enriched my life. The research that I do for my posts has led me to many discoveries that I was unaware of! It has taught me a lot of things which I now put into practice in my life. It has also led me to some of the organizations that I currently work with!
Here are my questions to nominees:
- If you were given a Time Machine, would you use it to go to the past or future?
- If you can meet one person (real, imaginary, alive, or dead) who would it be and why?
- What according to you is a good day?
- What is your favorite music genre and why?
- Complete the sentence, “Life is…..”?
- What is your best memory?
- What or who is your source of inspiration?
- What was your choice of career when you were a kid?
- Your all-time favorite book or movie would be?
- If you can meet one famous person who is alive who will that be?
- How has the blogging experience contributed to your life?
And the nominees are:
You definitely want to visit all of these wonderful bloggers I have nominated! They all have amazing blogs and are super supportive and friendly people!
Nominees – please feel free to decline the nomination due to your busy schedule or any other reason you deem fit! This nomination is my way of thanking you for the support and friendship!
- Arpita’s Travelogue
- Nancy Wang
- For His Glory
- Travel Much?
- My Simple Daily Blog
- Lula Harp
- Twisted Top in Flip Flops
- Kristina Van Hoose
- Atypical 60
- The Anonymous Stalker
I would like to reiterate that you are free to decline or accept the nomination. Please do as you deem fit. Thank you all!