Wow, today has been a very important day in my Blogging Life! I woke up this morning to be nominated by my wonderful fellow bloggers for 3 different awards. To say that I am feeling more than honored, would be an understatement. When I started this blog, my only intention was to have my voice heard, but with the help of the brilliant Blogging 101 Community, I am getting much more accomplished. So first off, a VERY BIG THANK YOU to all the bloggers in the Blogging 101 Community.
I did see a couple of posts about the Liebster Award, but did not really get a chance to read more about it. But thanks to the most fantabulous travel blogger and my fellow student at the Blogging University, Olive Ole, who posted the link to this Site about the Liebster Awards, I got all the information I needed! Speaking of Olive, her blog Travel Much is witty, humorous, creative, has absolutely amazing pictures and it speaks to those bitten by the wanderlust (like myself) what they should do about it! J So, thank you Olive for your amazing blog and for this nomination. (See for yourself – she did nominate me!)
Here’s how it works:
- Make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you.
- Include the Liebster Award sticker in the post too.
- Nominate 5 -10 other bloggers who you feel are worthy of this award. Let them know they have been nominated by commenting on one of their posts. You can also nominate the person who nominated you.
- Ensure all of these bloggers have less than 200 followers.
- Answer the eleven questions asked to you by the person who nominated you, and make eleven questions of your own for your nominees or you may use the same questions.
- Lastly, COPY these rules in your post.
Here are my answers to Olive’s questions:
- What is your dream vacation? – Backpacking across the world with my son!
- What book are you currently reading? – And the Mountains Echoes By – Khaled Hosseini
- What New Year’s resolution did you make this year, and how long did it take you to break it? – I made a resolution to the run a 5K which I have been hoping to do for a while, but didn’t start training in time so I will miss it when it happens on 15th August – tomorrow!!! Doing it next year for sure!
- If you had a superpower, which one would it be? – The ability to Control People’s Minds! Pretty obvious, given the title of my blog! 🙂
- What does a perfect day look like to you? – A perfect day would be when I get to do silly things with my little boy and then blog about it!
- If you could witness any event of the past, present, or future, what would it be? – From the Future – Apocalypse – I want to know if it will really happen!
- How did you get into the blogging world? – My life’s experiences and my passion for writing drove me into the blogging world. When you put them both together, you have me!
- Shark diving, bungee jumping or sky diving? – Sky Diving, Sky Diving, Sky Diving – all the way! Although I like bungee jumping too!
- What is your favorite cheesy pick up line, and have you ever used it or have it used on you? – “Was your Dad in the Air Force, ‘coz you’re a bomb!” This one always gets me laughing ‘coz my Dad was actually in the Air Force!
- If you can recommend just one place in your country to a tourist, what will it be? Hmm, so this is a little tricky ‘coz my roots are Indian, I grew up in Dubai and settled in the US! So I am taking the liberty to recommend one place from each of the countries that I feel are home. From India – would love for you to visit Kerala, it’s a gorgeous place. From UAE – Dubai – it is a must visit and from the US – wow, this one is difficult, I love where I live, but as a tourist it’s got be San Francisco for its cultural, terrestrial and climatic diversity!
- How annoyed are you at my questions right now, on a scale from 1-10? Do you get easily annoyed? Less than 1, it’s not easy to annoy me! 😉
And here are my questions to the nominees:
- What is your dream vacation?
- Which is your all-time favorite book?
- What’s your poison?
- If you could choose to change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
- Blogging – Why?
- If you knew that you had only 1 day left on earth and you could do anything you wanted, what would you do?
- Who, according to you, is a Friend?
- Favorite Pet – Dog or Cat?
- Your dream date would be with…?
- What do you do just before sleeping at night?
- Complete the sentence: “Love is….”
Finally, I nominate the following extremely talented bloggers:
Twisted Top in Flip Flops – Ishita is a stunning artist! She is also ‘Itchy feet with a potpourri of randomness’.
Love At The Speed of Life – Carey Joy is truly a positive spirit. Her charming personality resonates in her writing as well.
Snowflakes in the South – Donna is a Creative Writer and also a very compassionate and helpful fellow blogger.
Koolitzable – Jessy is an amateur photographer, blogger, artist, writer, stylist, traveler, adventurer, and above all a true supporter of all Blogging 101 students.
Ramblings of a Confused Teenager – Ellie is a wonderful teen who loves acting, writing and fangirling. She’s not your typical teenager for she is a wonderful writer and a very helpful person.